Retail Store Manager (Cape Town) APPLY NOW
Manage the day-to-day deliverables of the store through delivering the optimum level of customer service, stock administration, sales and staff management.
General / Ad-Hoc:
⁃ Complete store administration and ensure compliance with policies and procedures
⁃ Deal and navigate all issues that arise from staff or customers (complaints, grievances etc)
⁃ Meet sales goals by training, motivating, mentoring and providing feedback to sales staff
⁃ Ensuring all safety and security measures are always adhered to
⁃ Awareness of current clothing, sneaker & fashion trends.
⁃ Ensuring all sales consumables are adequately stocked and ordered.
⁃ Deliver excellent service to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction as part of the Story experience.
⁃ Establish and maintain a culture of excellent customer service throughout the store.
⁃ Resolves customer complaints regarding sales and service promptly and amicably.
⁃ Liaise with and resolve problems with the store landlord as and when required.
⁃ Manage upkeep and condition of all equipment, fixtures of shop premises.
⁃ Keeping track of all inventories and managing the receipt of new consigned merchandise as well as all outbound stock.
⁃ Ensure that all Operational processes in relation to consignment run effectively and efficiently with stakeholders.
⁃ Overseeing product authentication protocols.
⁃ Facilitating stock take when required.
⁃ Identifying & facilitating Replenish stock into sales channels.
⁃ Responsible for adherence to loss prevention measures of Company assets and stock.
⁃ Ensuring all stock is kept and maintained in saleable condition.
⁃ Maintaining the appearance of the store, including all floor displays and stock room
⁃ Correct product storage merchandising and rotation
⁃ Responsible for Health and safety compliance within the store
⁃ Manage the store's retail staff members including, recruitment, training, motivation and development.
⁃ Compiling work schedules ensuring the store is always adequately staffed.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Previous team leadership experience in a customer service environment
- A consultative approach to selling and offer personalised solutions
- The ability to contribute to creating a collaborative, fun and results driven team environment
- Preferred experience in managing rosters and store KPI's
- Passion for human relations and sales
- Problem solving, curiosity and interest in footwear, streetwear as well as luxury/fashion, art and design
- Experience of building a long-lasting relationship with clients
- Being able to work in team as well as alone
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion and knowledge of the managed product category
- English is a must other languages are a plus
Mon - Fri: 09:00 - 18:00
Saturday: 09:00 - 14:00
Public Holidays: 09:00 - 14:00**
*During Peak Period (Mid to End December), Saturday Hours extend to 15:00.
**Public holidays are to be worked if and when required by the business.